November 25, 2012

Thanksgiving 2012

This Thanksgiving was bittersweet. We weren't able to go home to phoenix because of the crazy Black Friday events that Mike has to deal with. I was bummed not to spend the day with family, but we were fortunate enough to be invited to our friends house and spend the day with them. It was really nice and quiet and stress free. 

The kids have so much fun playing together. I am really grateful to have Hunter around other kids his age and it warms my heart to see him and Max play so well together. 

 Claire




 The Petersen Family invited us over and we shared dinner with Natalie's sister, her boyfriend, the Jarvis Family and other family friend of Natalie and Joel's. Natalie's table looked gorgeous. 
 Here are some of the appetizers. Mike made shrimp brochette and dirty rice. The rice was to die for! 



 Lauren Petersen

 Gavin Jarvis




 The girls were so interested in helping put together the salad. They are such little hostesses in the making. :)
Everything was delicious and displayed beautifully! 
 The Jarvis Famiy
(Andrew, Avery, Diane & Gavin)

 The kids section. They felt so grown up eating outside by themselves. 


With the holiday season upon us, I have been reflecting on this last year and it really blows my mind to think of all the progress we've made. It has been a year of growth for all of us. When I really start to breakdown all that we've been through, I am overwhelmed with a deep sense of gratitude. I don't know where I'd be if the changes we made hadn't taken place. A year ago today, we were frantically trying to find a house, driving home to Arizona to have Thanksgiving dinner, pack up and move, celebrate our anniversary and finish up all the work with the Surprise house. (Not to mention Mike's 30th, Christmas, Max's First birthday and New Years all within a month!) It was a crazy, stressful time for us and I'm so glad for it. We have been so blessed this last year and I know moving to California was the right thing for our family.  


No comments: